Data Privacy Notice
1. This data protection information applies to data processing by:
Responsible: S.W.I. – Sozialwissenschaftliches Institut Schad GmbH & Co. KG & Co. KG, Rothenbaumchaussee 17, 20148 Hamburg, Germany. Email: email@example.com, Phone: +49 40 411 169 0, Fax: +49 40 411 169 22. Data protection officer is Mr Christian Albrecht. He is available at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Collection and storage of personal data and the nature and purpose of their use
a) When visiting this website
When you visit our website www.swi-schad.de, information is automatically sent to the server of our website by the browser used on your end device. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is recorded without your intervention and stored until it is automatically deleted:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of the retrieved file,
- Website from which the access takes place (referrer URL),
- The browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer and the name of your access provider.
We process the above-mentioned data for the following purposes:
- Ensure a smooth connection of the website,
- Guarantee a comfortable use of our website,
- Evaluation of system security and stability and
- for other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for the data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 letter f GDPR. Our legitimate interest follows from the above listed purposes for data collection. Under no circumstances do we use the collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about your person.
b) When using our contact form
If you have any questions of any kind, we offer you the opportunity to contact us using a form provided on the website. It is necessary to provide a valid e-mail address so that we know who the request comes from and can answer it. Further information can be provided voluntarily.
The data processing for the purpose of contacting us is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. a GDPR on the basis of your voluntarily given consent and in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. b GDPR, as the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract or the initiation of a contract which is carried out at the request of the data subject. The personal data collected by us for the use of the contact form will be automatically deleted after the completion of your request.
c) When using our contact option via email@example.com
For questions of any kind, we offer you the opportunity to contact us via the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org linked on the website. When you send us an e-mail, your e-mail address is transmitted at the same time. It is also necessary to provide a valid e-mail address so that we know who the enquiry comes from and can answer it. Further information can be provided voluntarily.
The data processing for the purpose of contacting us is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. a GDPR on the basis of your voluntarily given consent and in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. b GDPR, as the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract or the initiation of a contract which is carried out at the request of the data subject. The personal data collected by us for contacting you by e-mail will be automatically deleted after completion of your request.
3. Transfer of data
Your personal data will not be transferred to third parties for purposes other than those listed below.
We only pass on your personal data to third parties if:
- you have given your express consent in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR,
- the disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR is necessary for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest worthy of protection in not disclosing your data,
- in the event that there is a legal obligation to pass on the data in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. c GDPR, and
- this is legally permissible and required for the processing of contractual relationships with you in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. b GDPR.
The cookies store information that is related to the specific terminal device used. This does not mean, however, that we will gain immediate knowledge of your identity.
In addition, we also use temporary cookies to optimise user-friendliness, which are stored on your terminal device for a certain defined period of time. If you visit our site again to make use of our services, we will automatically recognize that you have already been with us and what entries and settings you have made so that you do not have to enter them again.
The data processed by cookies is required for the purposes mentioned above in order to safeguard our legitimate interests and those of third parties in accordance with Art. 6 Paragraph 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or so that a message always appears before a new cookie is created. However, the complete deactivation of cookies may mean that you cannot use all functions of our website.
5. Analysis tools
a) Tracking tools
The tracking measures listed below and used by us are carried out on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR. With the tracking measures we use, we want to ensure that our website is designed to meet the needs of our customers and is continuously optimized. On the other hand, we use the tracking measures to record the use of our website statistically and evaluate it for the purpose of optimising our offer for you. These interests are to be considered legitimate within the meaning of the above provision.
The respective data processing purposes and data categories can be found in the corresponding tracking tools.
i) Google Analytics
For the purpose of designing and continuously optimizing our pages according to your needs, we use Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (https://about.google/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter ‘Google’). In this context, pseudonymised user profiles are created and cookies (see under point 4) are used. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website such as
- Browser type/version,
- the operating system used,
- Referrer URL (the previously visited page),
- Host name of the accessing computer (IP address),
- Time of the server request,
are transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The information is used to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports on the website activities and to provide further services associated with the use of the website and the Internet for the purposes of market research and demand-oriented design of these Internet pages. This information may also be transferred to third parties if required by law or if third parties process this data on our behalf. Under no circumstances will your IP address be merged with other data from Google. The IP addresses are made anonymous, so that an assignment is not possible (IP masking).
You can also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing a browser add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en).
As an alternative to the browser add-on, especially for browsers on mobile devices, you can also prevent Google Analytics from collecting data by clicking on this link: Disable Google Analytics. An opt-out cookie is set to prevent future collection of your information when you visit this site. The opt-out cookie is valid only in this browser and only for our website and is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you will have to set the opt-out cookie again.
Further information on data protection in connection with Google Analytics can be found in the Google Analytics Help (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en).
ii) Google Adwords Conversion Tracking
In order to statistically record the use of our website and evaluate it for the purpose of optimizing our website for you, we also use Google Conversion Tracking. Google Adwords will set a cookie (see point 4) on your computer if you have reached our website via a Google ad.
These cookies lose their validity after 30 days and are not used for personal identification. If the user visits certain pages on the Adwords client’s website and the cookie has not expired, Google and the client may recognize that the user clicked on the ad and was redirected to that page.
Every Adwords customer receives a different cookie. Cookies can therefore not be tracked through the websites of Adwords clients. The information collected using the conversion cookie is used to generate conversion statistics for Adwords customers who have opted for conversion tracking. Adwords customers are informed of the total number of users who have clicked on their ad and been redirected to a page with a conversion tracking tag. However, you will not receive information that can be used to identify users personally.
6. Social media plug-ins
We offer you the possibility of using so-called “social media buttons” on our website. To protect your data, we rely on the “Shariff” solution for implementation. This means that these buttons are integrated on the website merely as a graphic, which contains a link to the corresponding website of the button provider. By clicking on the graphic you will be forwarded to the services of the respective provider. Only then will your data be sent to the respective providers. If you do not click on the graphic, there will be no exchange between
We have integrated the social media buttons of the following companies on our website:
Facebook Inc. (1601 S. California Ave – Palo Alto – CA 94304 – USA)
Twitter Inc. (795 Folsom St. – Suite 600 – San Francisco – CA 94107 – USA)
XING AG (Gänsemarkt 43 – 20354 Hamburg – Deutschland)
LinkedIn Corporation (2029 Stierlin Court – Mountain View – CA 94043 – USA)
Tumblr, Inc. (770 Broadway – New York – NY 10003 – USA)
7. Rights of data subjects
You have the right:
- to request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR. In particular, you may request information as to the purposes of the processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the planned duration of storage, the existence of a right of rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or opposition, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data, if not collected by us, and the existence of automated decision making including profiling and, where applicable, meaningful information on the details thereof;
- in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR, to demand the correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us without delay;
- in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR to request the deletion of your personal data stored with us, unless the processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims
- pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR, to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data if the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, if the processing is unlawful but you refuse to delete it and we no longer require the data, but you require it for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims, or if you have lodged an objection to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR
- in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request that it be transferred to another responsible party
- in accordance with Art. 7 Para. 3 GDPR to revoke your once given consent to us at any time. As a consequence, we may not continue the data processing based on this consent in the future and
- to complain to a supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or work or our company for this purpose.
8. Right of objection
If your personal data are processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR, if there are reasons for doing so that arise from your particular situation or if the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which we will implement without specifying a special situation.
If you would like to exercise your right of revocation or objection, simply send an e-mail to
9. Data security
We use the common SSL/TLS procedure (Transport Layer Security) in connection with the highest encryption level supported by your browser. You can tell whether an individual page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form by the closed display of the key or lock symbol in the address line of your browser.
We also use suitable technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or deliberate manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved according to technological development.
10. Topicality and amendment of this data protection declaration
This data protection declaration is currently valid and has the status of January 2018.
Due to the further development ofour website and offers on it or due to changed legal or official requirements, it may become necessary to change this data protection declaration. The current data protection declaration can be called up and printed out at any time on the website https://www.swi-schad.de/data-privacy-notice